Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Classes and Teacher Training
See Kids Yoga videos to join in for free on Youtube: Yogamotorskills Ashdown/Maclay.
Here is a link to a parenting/teacher power-point workshop on parenting/caring for children with generalised anxiety. This can be accessed soon via zoom on the date listed. I'll be sharing lots of tips on how to support children, particularly at times like these when anxiety may be rising. Purchase yur copy of webinar by emailing Yogamotorskills@gmail.com
(Bach.of Early Childhood/Education, TAE40110, Yoga Level 3..CEAS/RCYS (Cont. Education Accredited School).
Parent workshop 2- Parenting and caring for children to teens with anxiety.
Booklet written by ex Early Years Teacher and now business owner- Yoga for children. B.Ed EarlyYears/Primary. Level 3 Yoga Teacher.
· Emotional well-being.
· Types, Signs and symptoms of anxiety.
· Recognising stress that leads to anxiety.
· Psychological vulnerabilities for anxiety.
· Outside factors that build resilience.
· Role of hormones.
· Role of the amygdala and other functions of the brain that affect behaviour.
· Importance of mindfulness, gratitude, affirmations,
· Techniques and daily activities to help with re-occurring anxiety.
· Influence of nature and nurture.
· How to deal with anxiety in any situation.
· Ways to build resilience in your children.
· Brain, stress and body connections.
· Role of nature and nurture.
· Boys and anxiety.
· Working with feelings and stored memories.
· Yoga and breathing methods.
· Teen brain development
· Mindfulness and yoga with teens.
· Yoga and meditation techniques for all ages
Please purchase by emailing Yogamotorskills@gmail.com
Preschool age children are showing signs of stress and anxiety in Western countries!Research on yoga and mindfulness benefits for kid’s is growing and has already shown that yoga can improve:
focus, memory, self-esteem, academic performance, and classroom behaviour and can reduce anxiety and stress in children. This includes in school based programs (www.health.harvard.edu (www.sciencedaily.com 2018/04.).
Energy levels are enhanced (2017, University of Waterloo, sciencedaily.com).
More benefits of children’s yoga
Adults benefit from mindfulness to assist with:
cultivating compassion and kindness
decreased stress and anxiety
increased self awareness.
Benefits of yoga:
awareness of their body
builds strength and posture
build co-ordination and concentration
develops balance and flexibility
better blood flow and breathing
encourages imagination and social skills
builds kindness and compassion
enhances brain development and energy levels.