NEW 'MINDFUL BEARS CLUB'
Ormiston State School. 82-11o Gordon St, Ormiston, QLD.
Starts 22nd of July, Mondays.
Ph: 0404163719 for bookings.
Research also shows school-based yoga/mindfulness program can help children manage stress and anxiety.
Under 6yrs and school themes:
(presented with age-appropriate activities.)
Super Heroes and Ninja yoga
Down by the river
The sun and garden
Creatures great and small
Around the world
Day care services/schools: $40 to $75 for visits and programs.
Kids parties: $150 per group. Games and yoga asanas (postures), mindfulness, are all combined with sound healing and live music or $8 per child minimum 10 children (can be booked weekly or fortnightly).’ Today we had the privilege of Tracey and Kurt visiting our Kindy class.
Twenty two children were so engaged with the experience! Twenty out of twenty two followed Tracey with the actions of the interactive story, accompanied by the calming, soothing music provided by Kurt. The remaining two, sat and watched Tracey and Kurt, totally captivated.
Amazing. Thank you!’
Benefits of children’s yoga
1. Yoga encourages good posture for the skeletal system and flexibility, agility and strength for young growing bodies.
2. Yoga increases oxygen to the brain which supports learning and concentration. Yoga ignites children’s imaginations, creativity and self- expression.
3. The nervous system and the endocrine system are ignited and work together. Calming of the nervous system with breathing out and asanas takes place as the heart rate slows down and cortisol levels lower and activating calming hormones, such as serotonin.
4. In our fast- paced world yoga assists children to calm their thoughts, centre themselves for learning and learn how to be ‘still’ for a moment. Preschool age children are showing signs of stress and anxiety in Western countries.
5. Yoga teaches children how to care for their bodies, body awareness and self-regulation through mindfulness and relaxation.
6. The joy of movement, music, games and socialisation can all be experienced during a yoga session with children. There is no competition in yoga, therefore children who don’t like competitive sports will thrive.
7. Yoga teaches perseverance and confidence in their own abilities.
8. Yoga helps with self-regulation, self- discipline and self-expression.
Teacher/parent training- see under 'teacher training'.
ADD LIVE MUSIC_ We can visit your service.
We provide adapted yoga and music therapy and classes for children in the Redlands and surrounding areas, including those with disabilities.
We use props to assist children and adults with varying degrees of abilities - chairs, walls, pillows, blankets, yoga blocks, yoga straps, mats.
Yoga teaches participants an awareness of their bodies, breathing, movement, and sensations. This give participants the ability to accomplish traditional poses- posture and movement-in creative ways and to 'be present' in their bodies.
The process of yoga of 'being in the moment' allows for self examination, a sense of peace, and well-being. Yoga works on building strength and flexibility in the mind and body with music an added bonus.
Children and adults benefit greatly from music therapy. Our musician plays a variety of natural instruments to bring peace and calm and to help tell the yoga stories for the little ones. These include; the guitar, singing bowls, flutes and a variety of drums. Music increases sensory motor skills, cognitive skills, social skills and the sound therapy soothes the mind and body.
There is also a possibility of the use of your natural surroundings to host music, sound therapy and yoga and a way of building community relationships with other services.
Please let us know if you are interested in our services and would like to discuss options further for special needs: cerebral palsy and other disabilities, including developmental delay, autism etc.
We provide adapted yoga and music therapy for children in the Redlands and surrounding areas, including those with disabilities.
Live music can be added to classes. Additional fee applies.
Research on yoga benefits for kid’s is growing and has already shown that yoga can improve:
focus, memory, self-esteem, academic performance, and classroom behaviour, and can reduce anxiety and stress in children (www.health.harvard.edu). Energy levels are also enhanced (Sept 6, 2017, University of Waterloo).